Photographer from United Kingdom
Where did you grow up, and where do you live now?
I grew up in Wolverhampton, but now live in a town in the county of Worcestershire whilst I'm home from my studies in the fabulous Nottingham.
What have you studied, and what are you doing now?
- After studying Photography,Media and English Language at A-Level, I went on to achieve a Merit grade from an Art&Design Foundation course at Birmingham City University. I am currently undergoing my degree in Fashion Communication & Promotion at Nottingham Trent and loving every minute.
Links to social network
- I am especially obsessed with Pinterest, I have a personal one and am also running the Sassique account, so go and check them out :)
How would you describe your personal style in 3-5 words?
Monochromatic, minimal and modern. (although this varies depending on my mood)
Who are your favourite style icons?
- Definitely The Olsen twins, there is just something so effortless about their style and yet they always look like they have just stepped off the catwalk!
Who are your favourite designers/brands?
- I always find this a difficult question as there are so many amazing designers out there, but Mary Katrantzou, Marni and Celine are definitely up there.
Where do you shop?
- Unfortunately being a student puts limits on where you can shop, so it's usually just the high street for me; River Island is my ultimate favourite, followed closely by Zara and French Connection (if I am willing to spend a little more), I also have an obsession with Michael Kors. Personally I have never been a lover of vintage..I love new things!
Where do you find your fashion inspiration?
- I don't necessarily go out of my way to find inspiration, I think it is something a lot of people do automatically. For me it is probably flicking through magazines, Pinterest and just observing street style. Being a fashion student I pass hundreds of people with a different take on fashion everyday so inspiration is never hard to find.
When and how did you become interested in Fashion?
- My love of fashion started in my late teens, when I began to develop my own sense of fashion, experimenting with what is effective and the reasoning behind why it is. This led me to discover that the fashion industry influences everyone, whether they realise it or not. Fashion isn't about the latest look that we all conform to, but instead a way for people to express their individuality and personality. For many years I've found myself fascinated with this idea.
What do you love about Fashion?
- I love how you can instantly recognise where you are in the world, just from the clothes people are wearing. This is something i became interested in when visiting New York, somewhere I aspire to live and work.
Love & thanks, Mel!
...... ...... .... ........ .... ...... ...... .... ........ .......... ...... .... ........ .... ....... ..... ..... ... ... ...... ....... .... ...... ..... .... .... .... ... ....... ... .. ..... ... ..... ....